Retrofit Fire Door Operators
State-of-the-art chain, crank or motor operator systems
Commercial Doors Direct Retrofit Fire Door Operators upgrade existing fire doors to state-of-the-art chain, crank or motor operator systems providing superior descent control and "Easy-Reset" or "Auto-Reset" functions (available for most types and brands of fire doors).
Retrofit fire door operators provide state-of-the-art technology for existing rolling fire doors. When retrofitted, even older doors can be tested and reset easily, and operate with the reliability and extraordinary descent control found only in the most advanced fire door systems available today. Retrofit operators are Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Classified and FM Approved for installation on most types and brands of existing rolling fire doors. They eliminate awkward and unreliable spring tension release mechanisms and replace traditional operating and governor systems. They may also be installed to replace similar type failsafe operating systems. All retrofit fire door operators feature an internal release and governor to provide automatic closing without a loss of spring tension and eliminate the need for traditional mechanical reset.
NOTE: Retrofit fire door operators may not be the proper solution to all causes of improperly operating fire doors. Comercial Doors Direct reserves the right to refuse to sell a retrofit operator in any case where it is deemed to be not appropriate for the intended application.
“Easy-Reset” Chain*, Crank* and Motor Operators
Fusible link activated closing through the operator’s internal release and governor. To reset, reconnect the fusible link cable and open the door.
“Easy-Reset PLUS” Chain*, Crank* and Motor Operators
Time delayed closing upon alarm/detector activation, and failsafe closing upon a loss of power, through the operator’s internal release and governor. To reset, clear the alarm, restore power, reconnect the fusible link cable, and open the door.
“Auto-Reset” Chain*, Crank* and Motor Operators
Time delayed closing upon alarm/detector activation, and failsafe closing upon a loss of power, through the operator’s internal release and governor. To reset, clear the alarm, restore power, and open the door.
* Hand chain or removable awning crank handle is used to open the door – convenient pull cable is used to close or stop the door at any position. A locking handle release in a surface or flush mount enclosure can be optionally provided to prevent unauthorized closing.
“Auto-Reset PLUS” Motor Operators
NOTE: “Easy-Reset PLUS” and “Auto-Reset” options for chain and crank operators are field installed operator mounted modules. Field wiring to a detector/alarm dry contact and 115vac power source is required. They also allow for fusible link release if required by the Authority Having Jurisdiction, but if activated will require reconnection of the fusible link cable to reset.
- Motor controlled closing upon alarm/detector activation – will stop upon sensing an obstruction while closing and continue closed when the obstruction is removed. (Requires the door to be provided with a monitored sensing edge – power must be present and sensing edge must be functioning properly.)
- Time delayed failsafe closing through the operator’s internal release and governor upon a loss of power, or failure of the sensing edge upon alarm activated motor controlled closing.
- Optional battery back-up to provide up to 8 hours battery support to prevent door closing due to a loss of power, obstruction sensing & cycling functions upon alarm/detector activation, and audible/visible warnings
- If required, fusible link activated closing through the operator’s internal release and governor
- To reset, clear the alarm/restore power, and activate the open control