High Performance Commercial Grilles
A truly high performance Grille door
High Performance Grilles are designed for 300,000 cycles usage with an approximate average operating speed of 24 inches per second to open and 12 inches per second to close. They are well suited for parking garages and other applications where traditional roll-up grilles do not adequately meet the demands for very high frequency usage or the desire for higher speed operation.
Model PG features a springless barrel design, enhanced heavy-link aluminum grille curtain, innovative hinged steel guide system with replaceable UHMW wear strips, 2 HP motor operator with variable speed controller and soft start/stop, dual monitored sensing systems, and more.
Isolation mounts are available as an option to reduce vibration and operating noise transmitted to the structure.
Standard Grill Door Features
- HL9 in-line heavy-link grille curtain pattern with 3/16” thick, 3/4" wide,
- 2-hole vertical aluminum links on 9” centers and interconnected with 5/16” aluminum rods on 1 1/2” centers
- Stainless steel spacer tubes between curtain end links on every rod and aluminum spacer tubes between all other links on every 4th rod
- Tubular bottom bar fabricated from aluminum extrusions
- Guides fabricated from 1/4" steel shapes with replaceable UHMW wearstrips
- Outer guides are hinged and removable, inner guides are removable, for easy access to curtain for inspection and service
- Springless barrel design – minimum 8 5/8” diameter pipe and 1 1/2" shafts
Standard Safety Features
- Monitored sensing edge to stop and reverse a closing grille upon contact with an obstruction – rubber dual-chamber profile design with integral isolated conductive elastomer switches
- If a sensing system fault is detected, grille will stay in or return to open position and revert to constant pressure close function for partial operability until fault is corrected
- Secondary optical sensor system to stop and reverse a closing grille, and to stop an opening grille, upon sensing an obstruction
Standard Operator Features
- High efficiency UL Listed in-line gear drive motor operator 2 HP continuous duty motor operates on 230v-1ph, 230v-3ph or 460v-3ph power source (3ph is recommended)
- Auxiliary hoist for emergency hand chain operation in event of a power failure
- Integral speed governor to prevent curtain free-fall in event of operator component failure
- Variable speed controller with adjustable soft start/stop feature
- Average operating speed of approximately 24” per second to open, 12” per second to close – slowing substantially prior to full open and full close positions
- Solenoid actuated brake, adjustable limit switches, non-resettable counter, adjustable re-close timer, delay on reverse
- Auxiliary transformer is included to support secondary sensor system and ancillary control devices
- Wall mount control panel – connected to motor operator via pre-assembled wiring harnesses
- Head clearance – 25” to 10 ft. high, 27” to 12 ft. high, 29” to 14 ft. high (Reduced clearances may be available on grilles to 8’-6” high – consult factory for information)
- Side clearance – 8” each side
Model PD High Performance Grilled Door Pdf Brochures
Why should you buy a High Performance Grille?
Take a moment to compare the differences and find out why the Commercial Doors Direct Model PG High Performance Grille is an ADVANTAGE!
The Model PG is a truly high performance Grille Door – designed to operate for 300,000 cycles Plus an average operating speed of 24 inches per second to open, 12 inches per second to close
||Traditional Rolling Door*
||Commercial Doors Direct Model PD High Performance Door
||Commercial Doors Direct Model PD ADVANTAGE!
||Designed to last 6 times longer
||2 years / 50,000 cycles
||2 years / 300,000 cycles**
||Superior performance… superior warranty
||No springs to wear out or break – eliminates cost of barrel repairs and resulting down time
|Grille Curtain Links
||3-hole links (single 1/8" thick links alternating with double 1/16" thick links
||2-hole heavy links(all links 3/16" thick)
||Thicker links better withstand repeated coiling of the curtain on itself; Shorter links are more resistant to bending
|Grille Curtain Rods
||Spaced on 2" centers
||Spaced on 1 1/2" centers
||Rods are closer together for greater strength and increased security
Aluminum sleeves on every 6th rod, and on every other rod between end links
Aluminum sleeves on every 4th rod; Stainless steel sleeves on every rod between end links
|Sleeves are closer together for more strength; Stainless steel sleeves provide superior wear surface where curtain travels in the guides
Cotter pins on ends of sleeved rods; Retaining rings on ends of other rods
|Cotter pins on ends of all rods
||Ends of all rods are mechanically secured to better maintain curtain alignment.
||1/8" thick extruded aluminum channels with HDPE wear strip inserts
1/4" thick steel shapes with replaceable UHMW wear strips; Hinged and removable outer guides / removable inner guides
|Steel guides are more durable than aluminum; UHMW wear strips won't wear out; Hinged outer guides provide easy access for periodic inspection and maintenance
||Steel wall angles
||Steel wall tubes
||Wall tubes provide more rigid mounting for very high frequency / high speed use
||1/2 HP in-line gear drive motor operator
||2 HP high efficiency in-line gear drive motor operator; Variable speed controller with soft start/stop feature; Integral speed governor
||Complete assembly is designed specifically for very high frequency / high speed use; Variable speed allows grille to open fast but close at slower, safer speed; Soft start/stop extends life by slowing grille before full open and close to reduce shock loads; Governor prevents curtain free-fall in unlikely event of operator component failure
||Approx. 6" to 8" per second to open and close
||Approx. 24" per second to open, 12" per second to close
||Opens 3 to 4 times faster and closes 1½ to 2 times faster than traditional rolling grilles – plus enhanced safety features are included
||NOBODY BEATS OUR PRICES If you find a lower price from another online store, we will match the price and refund 10% of the difference.
||Superb value –6 times the life for about 2 times the price of a traditional rolling door!
* Features listed are for a Commercial Doors Direct HG Grille and may exceed what can be expected on many other types of traditional rolling grilles.** Additional warranty conditions apply. ***Cost comparison based on estimated initial cost for a 20' wide x 8' high grille, clear anodized finish, galvanized steel hood, monitored sensing edge, reclose timer, cycle counter, sales tax, and installation (not including power or control wiring).